Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Minute Men against immigrants?

It has come to my attention recently that the so called minute men movement has come to garden grove. The minute men will meet there once a month in order to discuss there efforts in keeping Mexican's out of America. First off I would like to state that I am not Mexican, nor am I am I an immigrant, what I am is outraged at the fact that this kind of ideology is plagueing our society. The idea that it is not ok for people to immigrate into this country goes against everything this country has ever stood for. "Give us your hungry, give us your poor" I believe this very beautiful, and inspirational statement was taken off of our very own statue of liberty. Now for people to take it upon themselves to get rid of our so called immigration problem on there own, not aknowledging our already very stern border patrol is ludicris. I for one believe that our country should be open to all, and that our govt. should help those who want to come to this country relocate into less populated areas in the US rather than just deporting them backto there impovershed countries of origin.

No comments:

Post a Comment